Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm Going to Try to Start Murdering Some More Words

Oh yeah, I have a blog! This is something I remembered the other day while I was looking at my Google Chrome favorites and wondering what that link to that blog with the stupid name was.

Needless to say, I have pretty much failed at blogging, and for many reasons. I'll give you a quick run-down.

1. Children. I have two of them now. Enough said.

2. I am a teacher. No, I am not going to insert one of those "What my mom thinks I do / What society thinks I do / What I really do" pictures here, but I am going to say that being an English teacher takes up a heck of a lot of my time. Sometimes it's time spent actually grading and planning. Many other times it's spent looking at the Internet for 5 more minutes before I actually start grading and planning...only to realize that those 5 minutes have turned into an hour and, crap, it's 10:00 now, and is there really any point in trying to start doing something at 10:00? No, there is not, so I will keep looking at the Internet and feeling guilty about those papers I have to grade.

3. It takes me forever to write just about anything. Seriously, I'll frequently spend 15 minutes wording a Facebook post. I'll probably spend at least 30 minutes writing this blog entry about re-starting my blog, and it will only be a few lame paragraphs. This is because I second guess myself way too much, which is what I was getting at with my blog title and is also what brings me to my next point...

4. I have lots of things I want to say but always wimp out of saying them. Usually I just don't want to offend someone or expose too much of myself or appear to be overly annoying by even voicing my opinions out loud. I am beginning to realize a few things, though: a.) I really enjoy reading my friends' and acquaintances' blog entries and am always glad they shared, even when I don't agree with them. Maybe they'll feel the same about mine...or be polite enough to refrain from telling me if they don't. b. ) If you disagree with me often enough, you'll probably quit reading my blog. Problem solved. c. ) Blogging is narcissistic, and bloggers just have to embrace the fact that they basically believe the world deserves to hear their gems of wisdom, whether it does or not.

So...the long and short of it is that I would like to do some more writing, and I'm hoping to use this blog a little more than I have during the last 2 years, which won't be very hard since I think I've only blogged once since 2010. I'm not going to commit to much more than that because it will just give me one more thing to feel stupid/guilty about if I don't follow through.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Welcome back. And, omg, #2 is soooooo true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes. The time I waste. It just sickens me. To paraphrase St. Paul, "What I want to do I do not do because I am reading political blogs."

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Looking forward to reading your opinions!

    ReplyDelete